[CQ-Contest] CQWW Multiplier Station

Jimk8mr at aol.com Jimk8mr at aol.com
Mon Oct 25 22:18:13 EDT 1999

I've signed up with a serious multi-single CQWW CW effort from a fairly juicy
DX location.  In thinking of ways to maximize our score, I have considered
using the phone bands, possibly including the WARC bands, to find stations on
SSB who will qsy to CW to work us for a contest qso.

Is this a violation of the contest rules or ethics?  Would the SSB operations
be bound by a 10 minute rule, so long as the actual CW qsos conformed?

I'm talking about real CW qsos, not a "whistle into the mike"  or say
"di-di-di-di-di dah-di"  kind.  I would consider qsying into the CW portions
of a band a reasonable requirement.  But is the basic concept OK? If not, why
not?

73  -  Jim   K8MR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com