[CQ-Contest] Bandpass filter - where to use???

John Unger w4au at contesting.com
Mon Oct 25 15:49:30 EDT 1999

Situation:
Two-radio contesting setup: No.1 radio is on tribander, No.2 radio on 40/80
Windom wire antenna. I have only one ICE bandpass filter. The two antennas
are separated by about 100 feet, and I don't have a big problem with
inter-radio interference in general, but I will have amps on both rigs for
SS.

Question:
Where should I put the BP filtering to be most effective (protective)?

Tentative answer:
On radio 1, which might have problems with harmonics from radio 2. The
reverse situation would not be true.

Can anyone add some more advice?

tnx es 73 - John, W4AU

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com