[CQ-Contest] CQ certificates

Derek Wills oo7 at astro.as.utexas.edu
Wed Sep 22 16:59:30 EDT 1999

While we're bashing CQ Mag about their certificates, has anyone
received a WAZ certificate recently?   I complained to them maybe
10 yrs ago that they apparently only issue WAZs to males, since
the wording says "his station", "he is authorized" etc., and they
told me that they would change it when the current stack of certifs
was used up.  I didn't really believe them -- did they ever change?

Derek aa5bt (who never tries to win CQWW because he doesn't want
to wait 3 yrs for the certificate)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com