[CQ-Contest] WRTC 2000

AI6V at aol.com AI6V at aol.com
Fri Sep 24 15:58:45 EDT 1999

Hello to all,

Tine (S50A) thought I was sitting around too much in my old age and decided
that I needed something to do, so I would not get better than him at
contesting.  He chose to give me the job of fundraising in the US for WRTC
2000.  In this capacity, I hereby request that all of you dig down into your
pockets and show the Slovenians the gratitude that we all feel toward them
for undertaking such a monumental task.  Their website at
http://wrtc2000.bit.si is very informative, well laid out and all of the
preparation work I have seen is top notch.

Because of all my memorable experiences from WRTC '90 and '96, I am eagerly
looking forward to WRTC 2000 as I am sure you are.  I am very excited about
the site of the forthcoming event.  I have visited the city of Bled, in
Slovenia, and can attest to its beauty and to the hospitality of the
Slovenians.  I hope to see all of your smiling faces there in July of 2000.

Since the event is being held in Europe, we might have trouble getting US
corporations involved with donations.  I think it is necessary for every one
of us to contribute toward the immense cost of hosting WRTC 2000.  This will
ensure that sufficient funds are available for the Slovenians to make the
event all they wish it to be.

Donations in excess of $250 may be submitted via a directed contribution to
the Northern California DX Foundation, earmarked "WRTC 2000" and sent to
Bruce Butler W6OSP, 4220 Chardonnay Ct., Napa, CA  94558.  Contributions
under this amount or deductible business donations may be sent to Carl Cook
AI6V/P49V, 2191 Empire Ave., Brentwood, CA  94513.

I am looking forward to receiving your contributions to this wonderful cause.

73    Carl Cook   AI6V/P49V

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com