[CQ-Contest] DVP input/output volume control

Pete Smith n4zr at contesting.com
Fri Apr 21 19:28:27 EDT 2000

I've finally gotten my 1992-vintage K1EA DVP to operate reliably without
(much) hum, but my recorded messages seem to contain a lot of background
noise - computer fan, etc.  I have a hunch that some compression is
occurring in the first stage of the DVP, and perhaps the input gain is set
too high.

I seem to recall years ago someone publishing information on how to control
the input and output levels of the DVP, as well as a list of keystroke
conbinations that could be used to control the DVPTSR (for recording and
playback) in the absence of an interfaced program.  Can anyone put me on
the track of these two items?

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr at contesting.com

Don't forget to update your entry on the World Contest Station Database,
now at http://www.contesting.com/stationdatabase.htm

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com