[CQ-Contest] Seeking Design Review for my Tower Guy Anchor...

Bruce Sawyer zf2nt at candw.ky
Mon Apr 24 02:34:57 EDT 2000

Greetings,

While everybody else has been out hunting Easter eggs, I've been slaving
away the past week building a concrete form for the last guy anchor I need
to put up some REAL (tm) tower for my CONTEST station down here on Little
Cayman.  This is a most peculiar form design, and so I'm eagerly soliciting
a design review of this from anybody on the reflector who has good
experience doing stress analysis on concrete structures and most especially
who has experience designing concrete forms.  This is actually going to be
my septic tank, but with a Rohn guy rod tied right into the middle of it.

There are a couple of pictures of this thing I put on the web at
http://www.qsl.net/zf2nt/diary/septic_tank.htm.  If you have any of the
experience I'm describing, I'd really appreciate it if you could take a look
at these photos and let me know what you think.  I'm going to place the
concrete into this thing later in the week, and it will be my worst
nightmare ever if that form blows on me.

73,
Bruce, ZF2NT

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com