[CQ-Contest] NAQP Questions, Et Al

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Mon Aug 21 20:46:27 EDT 2000

> Question Number One -
>
> If, while answering a CQ , you hear a needed multiplier, what is the
> correct way to try to make contact with him without disrupting the
> station running the frequency?

I quickly try to find a clear spot a couple of kHz up and call him, hoping
the mult will be moving upwards.  If I don't get a response after about a
minute, I go about 5 or 10 kHz below and move up to try to run across him
working someone else and then go through the same thing again, but this time
moving down a few kHz before calling him.

In no way should call the mult station on the other station's frequency.

> Question Number Three -
>
> What are some snappy responses to someone who tells me that I am
> "slightly off frequency, OM" when I am the one running the frequency?

"Thanks for the info. I'll check it out. 73.  CQ contest....."

73,
dale, kg5u

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com