FW: [CQ-Contest] Band edges?

Mills, Wayne N7NG wmills at arrl.org
Sun Dec 17 10:48:51 EST 2000

 Reading about frequency measuring this morning indicates to me that it
isn't only the OOs who have some misconceptions. Talking about filter
bandwidths, signal strengths, and beat frequencies, what you can hear and
where you can hear it, is really disconcerting.

And talking about CW is the easy one! Then we have USB on 14349 and LSB on
3751. Many contesters don't have a clue, some probably don't care. If you
have a serious question about how to measure frequency, I suggest that you
be confident of the source of your information. It is likely that the OO in
this case didn't know what he was doing, but he isn't the only one.

Wayne, N7NG/1

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com