[CQ-Contest] Band edges?

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Sun Dec 17 21:07:58 EST 2000

>I know that strictly speaking stations operating this close to the
> bvandedge will probably have audible signal outside the band as well, but
> that it is probably at or below the FCC threshhold for out of
> band emissions.

Part 97.307 Emission Standards

(b) Emissions resulting from modulation must be confined to the band or
segment available to the control operator.  Emissions outside the necessary
bandwidth must not cause splatter or keyclick interference to operations on
adjacent frequencies.

(b) pretty much says it all.  If you transmit, your signal must be confined
to the band.

73,
dale, kg5u

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com