[CQ-Contest] might-right "ethics"

Scott Ellington sdelling at facstaff.wisc.edu
Fri Feb 25 15:52:31 EST 2000

> So, as I understand it, what you are proposing is that the stronger
> stations grant the weaker ones a boon at the end of the contest?

No.  I'm proposing that the stronger stations make it possible for some of the
weaker ones to work EACH OTHER, which just might make it more likely some of
them will continue to participate in contests, and hence provide future
contacts for everyone.  Which would you prefer:  A nice clear frequency on
which to run all weekend at 30/hr, or half that much run time at 80/hr?  It
isn't other big guys who make possible those 100+ hours, and if contesting
isn't fun for the others, they won't be there.

73,

Scott  K9MA

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com