[CQ-Contest] 1998 CQWW CW DX Contest Certificates

Marty Watt n5nw at midsouth.rr.com
Mon Feb 28 12:17:09 EST 2000

On Sun, 27 Feb 2000 20:41:41 -0600, "Dale L. Martin" <kg5u at hal-pc.org> wrote:

>I like the idea of on-line/e-mailed certificates.  That's a snap to do once
>you've got the VBA or Macro's worked out to automatically fill in the
>certificate blanks (contest name, date, callsign, etc.) and send it as an
>attachment.  I'm doing something similar with a VBA application I wrote for
>Excel at work to get 9,000+ co-workers PKI-registered.  We see it as saving our
>office hundreds of hours of repetitive tasks.

Seems like PDF files (which are basically unalterable) might be the ticket ...

>As for online magazines, I can wait.  There's still lot's of pleasure on
>finding the latest ham magazine in the mailbox.  Also, I've found more and more
>that I am printing out long online narrative articles for reading off of paper
>rather than off the screen.  And, I like to look at and read the ads as much as
>I like to read the articles.
>
>I'd just as soon pay my annual subscription fee for a hardcopy

Monitoring Times has experimented with a PDF version of the magazine delivered
electronically.  It's interesting, and I only have to print the stuff I'm
interested in.  The on-line version is an exact copy of the printed version so
you get the same layout, ads, etc.

--
Marty, N5NW
Lakeland (Memphis), Tennessee                       http://marty.w.tripod.com/