[CQ-Contest] Monitor Woe's

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Mon Jan 17 14:07:31 EST 2000

I just put my computer monitor between my amplifiers. When they are running,
the hysteresis from the power transformers turns NA into a psychedelic light
show. I know that the best solution is to move the monitor, but that is not
practical at this point.

Way back when, we used an alloy of metal known (by me) as "Mu metal" for RFI
and EMI shielding. Does anyone know what this material was or is? Has anyone
solved a similar problem with computer monitors?

Thanks.

Tom, K5RC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com