[CQ-Contest] Monitor Woe's

Ward Silver hwardsil at WOLFENET.com
Mon Jan 17 11:44:48 EST 2000

> Way back when, we used an alloy of metal known (by me) as "Mu metal" for RFI
> and EMI shielding. Does anyone know what this material was or is? Has anyone
> solved a similar problem with computer monitors?

Mu-metal was made by Coballoy - don't know if they're still in bid'niss.
You may have a bit of a problem though, 60 Hz is tough to stop and
mu-metal was not cheap.  My rotor boxes do the same thing when the brake
is on.  It only took a couple of inches separation to make the effect
quite tolerable, but not on a continuous basis.

73, Ward N0AX

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com