[CQ-Contest] Need help choosing rig

Pedro Pedroso l38217 at alfa.ist.utl.pt
Thu Jan 27 18:34:49 EST 2000

	Hello ! I'm planning to buy a new rig and these are some
	of the options: Kenwood : TS-450, 850, 940 and 570
			Icom : IC-738, 765 and 746
			Yaesu : FT-890, 990
	I would like to hear from previous owners that used it
	both in contest and DX operation.
	The most important factor for me is their receiving qualities
	(both sensibility and selectivity).
	Presently I own an IC-725, if anyone can also make a comparison
	with the other models it would also be apreciated.
	Is it worth to invest in the 725 and buy new IF filters to
	replace the original ones ? (change the originals with InRad
	filters).

		Thanks !

 | Pedro Pedroso                        |  CT1ELP                    |
 | Eng. Electrotecnica e Computadores   |  Founder member of GPDX    |
 | (Telecomunicacoes e electronica)     |  ct1elp at amsat.org          |
 | Address: P.O.Box 116 , 2806 Almada Codex , PORTUGAL               |

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com