[CQ-Contest] Re: WRTC from the West Coast

TOMK5RC at aol.com TOMK5RC at aol.com
Sun Jul 9 14:41:09 EDT 2000

I'll echo N6NT's comments about equalization of signals from the S5 Boys.
There were more pronounced differences on 15 than on 20, but none were
dramatic. Well done.

I only managed to work 41 of the stations, probably because I did not want to
do SSB. All of my 345 QSO's were on CW, mostly S&P. I also dumped a lot of
spots on packet.

I was also concerned about logging accuracy. I pushed a wrong button and
duped S548X. They did not challenge the dupe and kept on going. I guess they
were looking to N6AA and crew to clean up logs after the contest.

I was also disappointed to have such crummy condx on 40. The only European I
worked (or heard) was DA0HQ. Ten was a bust. I couldn't even hear my partner,
J75KG.

All and all, it was fun to search for the boys. I never figured out who was
who, not even one of them even said hello. Guess they had  guidelines to
follow.

Tom Taormina, K5RC
aka K7GJ, K7ISO "Communication is the
Virginia City  NV   problem to the answer" - 10cc

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com