[CQ-Contest] IARU - WRTC Submit LOG Confusion?

Bruce Horn bhorn at hornucopia.com
Tue Jul 11 08:37:10 EDT 2000

Hi,

At 09:12 AM 7/11/00 -0400, Geovincent at aol.com wrote:

>Am I alone or have others experienced the same confusion over submitting logs?

>I discovered, probably a day late too many places to submit logs for checking
>in the recent IARU and WRTC Contests.

I hope the following reduces the confusion.

WRTC 2000 was a special competition for 53 elite contesting teams that was
run in conjunction with the IARU HF Championship.

Complete logs for the IARU must be submitted to IARUHF at iaru.org by August
8, 2000.

The WRTC 2000 organizing committee asked that IARU participants provide
them with check logs of contacts with WRTC competitors (the 53 teams) by
2359Z July 9 in order to aid the WRTC judges with the process of log
checking before the final results were announced on July 10. Once the
results were announced, there was no need for these check logs.

The WRTC 2000 organizing committee also announced a series of awards
available to IARU participants for contacting the WRTC competitors as a
means of encouraging contesters throughout the world to contact as many
WRTCers as possible. Logs of contest QSOs with WRTCers should be e-mailed
to:  scc at bit.si  by August 15 to be eligible for the participation
awards.  Those who e-mailed check logs by the July 9 deadline do not need
to resubmit for these awards.

As a reminder, the NCJ web site continues to have extensive coverage of
WRTC 2000.
http://www.ncjweb.com/

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)
WA7BNM Contest Calendar   (http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/