[CQ-Contest] WRTC vs. WRSOC

W2CE at aol.com W2CE at aol.com
Wed Jul 19 22:16:53 EDT 2000

In a message dated 7/19/00 09:02:53 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
k8cc at mediaone.net writes:

> WRTC has assumed an identity and importance of its own.  The people who
> concocted the rules and format should be congratulated for their forsight
> and wisdom.

The huge organizational effort would preclude holding the WRTC sooner than
every 4 years.  I would suspect a look into the detailed work needed to
arrange for 50 similar stations, contestants, referrees, etc all coming
together at a single international location would be amazing.

If there is really a backing for a WRSOC to happen sooner, why not look at
the possiblity of a national competition to select your team members for each
WRTC. See if you can come close to even that on a yearly basis.

  73, Bob W2CE

  W2CE at aol.com    W2CE at juno.com    W2CE at arrl.net

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com