[CQ-Contest] Field day no-coders?

Roland A. Anders anders at erols.com
Fri Jun 2 09:00:39 EDT 2000

I agree with Neal EXCEPT, once again I must point out that the control operator
concept is an FCC rule but we are talking about a more restrictive FD rule set
by the FCC (as Bob, N5NJ points out).  The FD rules can be more restrictive, and
they are in many cases besides this one--for instance, you can't operate on the
WARC bands even if licensed for them; and you can't have two signals in one
band/mode, which is not forbidden by the FCC.

Just to be sure those who might be participating in FD teams are all following
the same rules--it is NOT permissible to have non-licensed or no-code techs run
the "freebie" novice-techplus station, no matter who the control op is.  The
ARRL was trying to encourage novice and tech-plus hams to have their own
station.  Maybe they should have included no-code and non-licensed individuals
in order to encourage them, but they didn't!  Non-licensed and no-code CAN
operate the "regular" FD station, however, if a proper control op is available.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com