[CQ-Contest] SO2R IS A Seperate Entry Class

Stewart Cooper coopersg at odl.co.uk
Fri Jun 2 14:35:24 EDT 2000

This really is a great thread (again)! I notice that Ivo more or less says
the same as me in my previous posting - sorry, I should have read your
submission before typing!

Ivo wrote...
>But, by that time there will be SO3R claimants on 3830....

I don't see that it's made the slightest difference to my pathetic score,
but I used 3 radios last October, and the year before. The third was an old
430 with a W3DZZ trap dipole. Now that may hardly seem worth mentioning, but
I found it really handy for checking whether a QSY was necessary. I could
check 10m without any fiddling with the 'run' and 'mult' radios. I didn't
use the 3rd radio to work anyone, and that's where Tree N6TR has raised a
good point. Was I therefore really SO3R - I only used the receiver of the
third radio I suppose. I actually never even considered that I was!
Just my tuppence worth.
Stewart
GM4AFF/GM0F

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com