[CQ-Contest] SO2R NOT a new category

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Sat Jun 3 11:55:29 EDT 2000

w7ti at jps.net writes:

> The attraction in contesting should be focused on the competition and skill,
>  not the hardware.

Huh?
Have you seen car races where drivers were given Hertz rentals to compete in?
See who is better driver?
Technical sport is operating PLUS equipment. The better you master both, the
better ham radio contester you are. Part of the contesting radio skill is
mastering the station setup (design for performance), knowing propagation,
operating and hanging in there untill the finall bell.
One of the skill tests is the famous KCDXC pile up contest in Dayton. How
about K3ZO cleaning the clock of multitude of champs. Proof that we old Frats
can still hold our own, regardless how many radios, and we don't cry for over
something category.
F'get about it, it's OK, need no new categories!

More problem there is with "Italian 300W" and horrible clixes form some of
them champs. Like garbage truck on a highway spilling the garbage on them
nice Ferraris. Lets talk about that.

Yuri, K3BU

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com