[CQ-Contest] CQ WPX SOAB Rules

Yuri VA3UZ ut4uz at idirect.com
Sun Jun 4 00:06:51 EDT 2000

>I see several SOAB entrants who were using 2Radi setup and mentioning
>operating on a second band. I thought WPX rule was minimum 15 minutes on a
>band, before QSYing to another band,  and that's what I do for years.Or
>should I read the rules again (carefully)?
>
>Ivo 5B4ADA/C4A

Ivo, unfortunately I made the same mistake. I stayed stupidly on 80 meters
for 10  minutes CQing without any answer after making just 2 QSOs... Same
with other bands several times...
10 min. rule applies only to M/S category (January 2000 CQ, page 40). Great
opprtunity for SO2R (and 2O2R :-) ) guys.
We need to read rules more carefully sometimes. It could be handy...

73   VA3UZ

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com