[CQ-Contest] June VHF Contest Reminders
Henderson, Dan N1ND
dhenderson at arrl.org
Fri Jun 9 15:08:22 EDT 2000
Before the start of a great contest weekend, let me make a couple of rules
reminders that have come up in my office this week.
1) Remember that there are now two power categories in the Single Op
Category: Low and High power. Make certain your entry clearly notes which
category you are participating when you submit your entry. The power limits
are in the November 1999 QST General Rules and the May 2000 QST rules
2) Remember that the use of the national 146.52 simplex frequency is not
permissible for making QSOs or soliciting QSOs.
3) Cross band and retransmitted QSOs are not permitted. Since satellites
use retransmitted signals (and are cross band) they are not permitted for
credit during the contest. Contacts made through repeaters, digipeaters, or
gateways are not permitted.
4) While no minimum distance is specified for contacts, equipment should be
capable of communications at least 1 Km.
5) The use of non Amateur radio means of communications (for example the
Internet or telephone) to solicit contacts during the contest period is not
permitted. Stations may use amateur radio to move stations to other bands.
The use of spotting assistance or nets (operating arrangements involving
other individuals, DX-alerting nets, PacketCluster, etc) is also not
permitted during the contest period.
I hope that you all have great propagation and all catch lots of new and
Good luck. Thanks and 73
Dan Henderson, N1ND
ARRL Contest Branch Manager
CQ-Contest on WWW: http://lists.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com
More information about the CQ-Contest