[CQ-Contest] IC756PRO vs International Radio filters

00tlzivney at bsuvc.bsu.edu 00tlzivney at bsuvc.bsu.edu
Thu Mar 9 14:26:32 EST 2000

In conjunction with my earlier post comparing measured specs for
a variety of contesting rigs, I offer the following measurements of
filter selectivity.  The filter measurements for the IC756PRO are from
Peter Hart's RadCom review; those for the International Radio are from
their website.

                      -6dB          -60dB
IC756PRO 2.4kHz        2520 Hz      3560 Hz
         250 Hz         263 Hz       859 Hz

IR TenTec filters
 #756    2.4kHz        2488 Hz      3575 Hz
 #751    250 Hz         340 Hz       680 Hz

Seems that the "old fashioned" technology has nothing whatever to
fear/envy the new toys.

Terry Zivney, N4TZ/9
n4tz at arrl.net

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com