[CQ-Contest] Computer and paper logs

thompson at mindspring.com thompson at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 14 22:03:54 EST 2000

K4OJ said that everybody uses computer logging but there are those who still
don't and they should not be left out.

I get logs from a UA4 who tells me each year no computer available.   His
logs never make it to ARRL or CQ WW
contests so he no longer bothers.   A UN2 (usually a big score) says he has
to re-enter all the Q's post contest if a computer log is required.   He has
to go 60 Km for the computer.   A W3 (big score both modes) still sends me a
paper log.   All are accepted
by the CQ 160 contest.  They get well checked and all new stations they work
are entered into my fuzzy logic program to make sure they are not busts.

E-mail logs are between 45 and 50% on both CW and SSB.   Computer printouts
(various) reach 20%, diskettes reach 15% and the rest are paper logs.
Paper logs drop off a little more each year but we must accept the fact that
they will be around for some time to come.

Dave K4JRB

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com