[CQ-Contest] ham site

K7LXC at aol.com K7LXC at aol.com
Fri Mar 31 11:05:21 EST 2000

In a message dated 03/31/2000 4:28:25 AM Pacific Standard Time,
NQ4I at compuserve.com writes:

> While we were flying from Hawaii to the San Francisco area I noticed a
>  tremendous Ham location...home with towers and stacks over looking the
>  whole Bay area to the SW....wonder who that might be??? it was on top of a
>  hill abt 6 miles sw of San Jose...had a super view of the whole bay
>  area...just wondering????

     Was it on a *very* prominent hilltop with a big building (radar site)
nearby? If so, that's Dave Leeson, W6NL (ex-W6QHS's) place. It's on the cover
of his yagi design book and is subject to BIG winds. It looks down into San
Jose and the valley to the east and the Pacific Ocean to the west. I think
Dave said he can see 6 airports from there. And, yes, the station plays well.

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Tower Tech

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com