[CQ-Contest] SP DX Contest
tomek at dendro.sggw.waw.pl
Fri Mar 31 10:52:34 EST 2000
Just last remainder.
SP DX Contest will start in a few hours. Welcome.
Head of teh SP DX Contest Committee
SP DX CONTEST 2000
1. Contest organizers: The PZK - Polski Zawiazek Krotkofalowcow
(Polish Amateur Radio Union) and the SP DX Club have the honour to
invite radio amateurs and SWLs all over the world to participate
in the SPDX Contest which is held on the first full weekend of
April every year.
2. Date: Every year - the first full weekend of April (April 1 - 2 in
2000) from 15:00 UTC on Saturday to 15:00 UTC on Sunday.
3. Contest subject: To make the highest possible number of contacts
among Polish HAMs and HAMs outside Poland. Remember: Polish
stations can work only other countries; stations from outside
Poland can work only Polish stations in the contest.
4. Bands: From 1,8 to 28 MHz (without WARC bands).
5. Modes: CW and/or SSB. It is possible to work the same station
twice a band but on different modes. No crossmode contacts. It is
necessary to observe IARU band plan during the contest.
6. Contest CQ: Foreign stations: "CQ SP"; Polish stations: "CQ
CONTEST" on SSB or "CQ TEST" on CW.
7. Exchange numbers:
* Foreign stations send a six or five figure number consisting of
RST or RS report + serial number, for example 599001 on CW or
59001 on SSB.
* Polish stations give a three or two figure number representing
the RST or RS report + one letter denoting the WOJEWODZTWO
(province) abbreviation, for example 599G on CW or 59G on SSB.
* Possible abbreviations of Polish provinces (max. 16 on one
band): B, C, D, F, G, R, J, K, L, M, O, P, S, U, W, Z.
* Foreign stations: 3 points for each QSO with Polish station.
* Polish stations: DX QSO: 3 points; QSO with EU station: 1 point;
QSO with another SP station: 0 points.
For foreign stations: each different WOJEWODZTWO (province)
denoted by the one letter abbreviation counts for one multiplier
(counted only once per band). The maximal multiplier is 16
provinces x 6 bands
For Polish stations: DXCC countries (counted only one time per
10. Final score: The sum of QSO - points from all bands multiplied
by the sum of provinces from all bands (or from a band in Single
* SO MB Mixed Mode,
* SO SB Mixed Mode,
* MO MB Mixed Mode,
* SO MB SSB,
* SO SB SSB,
* SWL's Mixed Mode,
* SO MB CW,
* SO SB CW.
** Note 1: Using DX nests, DXclusters will qualify a station for
Multi Operator category.
** Note 2: Club (MO MB) stations should notify all operators.
12. SWL stations:
* Foreign SWL must copy the call-sign of the Polish station and
its contest report and the call-sign of the foreign station
* Polish SWL must copy foreign station call and zontest report and
call-sign of the Polish station.
* Scoring is the same as for stations in transmitting section. The
same Polish station and foregn station can be listened only
once on the same band/mode.
13. Final scores:Score tables will be held separately for each
country and then for all categories for one country.
14. Awards: For first places in all categories. The number of awards
in one category is the thing of the Contest Committee decision.
Foreign winners can also receive special plates sponsored by
15. Contest logs:
Logs must contain date, time in UTC, correspondent call,
exchanges, indicated multipliers and points. A summary sheet
should contain all scoring information: category, contestant's
name and adress and a signed declaration that all contest rules
and regulations for amateur radio in the country of operation have
been observed. Logs must be checked for duplicate contacts. A
multiplier check list should be enclosed. Log can be sent on a
floppy disc as a file (MS-DOS ASCII). The deadline for logs is
April 10, 1999. Logs should be sent to the following addresss:
Polski Zwiazek Krotkofalowcow,
SPDX Contest Committee,
P. O. Box 320,
Logs can be sent also via e-mail (ASCII file) to:
<spdxc-logs at writeMe.com>.
It is recommended to use e-mail or disc logs if possible.
16. Disqualification: Violation of the rules of the contest or taking
credit for incorrect or multipliers or duplicate contacts in
excess 3% of total made will be deemed as sufficient cause for
disqualification. The decisions of the SPDX Contest Committee are
final and not contestable.
17. Additional information 1: SP DX Contest is fully supported by a
demo version of Super Duper - contest log by EI5DI. It can be
downloaded from author's WWW site at: <http://www.ei5di.com>.
18. Additional information 2: It is possible to apply for some Polish
awards with no need to handle QSL cards from Polish stations if
contacts are made during the SP DX Contest in 2000. Please check
visit SP DX Contest Page at
<http://dendro.sggw.waw.pl./sp5zcc/spdxc/spdxc.htm> for all
If you have any questions about the contest, please write to SP DX
Contest 2000 Committee Chairman - Tom SP5UAF
<tomek at dendro.sggw.waw.pl>.
CQ-Contest on WWW: http://www.contesting.com/_cq-contest/
Administrative requests: cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com
More information about the CQ-Contest