[CQ-Contest] Business as usual.....

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Wed Nov 1 09:24:54 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/1/2000 8:45:32 AM Eastern Standard Time,
k8cc at mediaone.net writes:

>  I am not a lawyer, but if you read the rules the second station is to be
>  used to only "work" new multipliers.  This is the way the CQWW committee
>  has chosen to define the category - the CQWW rules do not say "only one
>  transmitted signal" like the ARRL contest rules say for multi-single, so
>  "CQing for mults" is not against the rules.

What happened to Multi Operator - SINGLE TRANSMITTER?
Then call it Multi Operator - SINGLE MANY TRANSMITTERS.

Another case of "interpretation" slipping away from original intent. It used
to be that you would use single transmitter with more receivers, the purpose
being that additional operators would chase the multipliers and feed it to
"transmitting operator". Now we got transmitters stuck in each receiver
(transceiver) and we are "interpreting" the rules. You want to transmit at
the same time? Go with big boys in MM category.

73 Yuri

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com