[CQ-Contest] Laptops & Logging / Portable - Also ARRL 10M Contest

Hammond, Rob EU-Pencoed Rob.Hammond at eu.sony.com
Thu Nov 2 07:51:11 EST 2000

Fellow contesters,
                           I have just moved QTH & have a lovely restrictive
covenant which says "No Antennas" AGGGHGHHH
However, I have worked /P before & have a nice range of antennas & portable
masts as well as a lot of Welsh Mountains to choose from. Power is not a
problem, I ony run 100W and have 3 Huge Leisure Batteries. However, my PII
laptop requires
19V DC input ( My batteries are 12V ). Has anyone run a laptop such as this
off 12V & what was the result. I'm a bit wary about trying in case of
damaging the Laptop.  I've got 4 battery packs for it but they won't last
the duration of a contest.

Cheers Rob MW5EPA

PS Anyone have any views on the ARRL 10M contest. Never done a mixed mode
before so don't know what to expect for this one. How do people mainly work
them ? Do people drop multipliers to CW from phone etc... ? Anything would
be helpful TNX

are addressed.
Sony cannot accept liability for statements made which are clearly
the sender's own and not made on behalf of Sony.
(01)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com