[CQ-Contest] Laptops & Logging / Portable

Milt Jensen, ARS N5IA miltj at aepnet.com
Thu Nov 2 06:58:55 EST 2000

Rob,
	The simplest, easiest and most efficient way to power the laptop is to use
a 12 Volt DC to 120 Volt AC inverter.  For the small amount of power you
need, they are quite inexpensive and are 95% or better efficient.
	I have used this scheme for a multitude of different applications including
Field Day operations of four QRP transceivers plus laptops powered by ONE
500 Watt inverter.  The inverter was sourced from four deep cycle marine
type batteries which were charged by photo voltaic cells.
	Good luck es 73 de Milt, N5IA