[CQ-Contest] M/S CQ'ing

Dale L Martin kg5u at hal-pc.org
Wed Nov 1 18:51:30 EST 2000

> During that
> time I had
> two XE's and a few stateside stations call in. They are in the log and
> marked as zero points. I felt quite proper in doing this.

It seems like there's something wrong with that picture...not sure since I'm
not a m/s contester.  But, wouldn't it seem like your m/s station is then
offering up points for other stations with 2 stations when you're supposed
to be working only mults?

Whether DX or domestic, an m/s station working non-mults results in the call
and points being placed in other people's logs by a station which is
supposed to be working only mults.  Where's the equity in that?

What happens when the run station then moves to that band and, should he go
searching and pouncing, runs across those stations which the mult station
previously worked but logged as zero pointers?  Are they indicated as dupes
in the log?  What about their logs?  How does the 2nd QSO look in their
logs? A dupe?  What happens during log checking of the other stations logs?
Will it look at the first QSO and compare it with the m/s station's log and
raise a red flag about the zero point value in one log and the point value
in the other?

It sure seems like the cq'ing by the m/s station can sure add a lot to the
confusion of the situation...

give me s/o qrp any day

73,
dale, kg5u