[CQ-Contest] M/S CQ'ing

Tony Field field at nucleus.com
Wed Nov 1 10:42:05 EST 2000

> In a section covering "Advanced Techniques" Ken wrote: "Now let's call CQ
on
> the MULT station and run some stations on the second transmitter! I know
> what you're thinking: 'That's not allowed!' But you can run on the MULT
> station if you count the non-mult QSO's as zero points when calculating
your
> score.

Humm, if the desired CABRILLO format is used for log submission, then it is
NOT possible to claim zero points for the Q since this submission format
does not support "manual point" recording. The resulting log would probably
be analyzed to have an error for each of the "zero point" qsos with the
associated point penalty.  (  I think.... :-)

The only way to handle the "zero point" entries is to manually delete them
from the log.  The poor fellow you chatted with would have a NIL.

Seems like the computer is causing "contest strategy" to be eliminated!!!!

tony field
ve6yp at rac.ca
field at nuclues.com
http://www.nucleus.com/~field