[CQ-Contest] New(ish) Welsh callsigns

Hammond, Rob EU-Pencoed Rob.Hammond at eu.sony.com
Thu Nov 2 16:24:15 EST 2000

I had a bit of trouble with my callsign over the CQ WW weekend. I think it
was mostly down to the fact that many operators weren't aware of the
callsign changes here in the UK. I'd just like to clarify this.
 I wouldn't know half of what goes on as regards to callsigns in other
countries so I'm not having a dig at anyone. It's just here as information
for future contests to save us both time when making the exchange:
The MW series of calls have now been round a while. I had problems with
people ignoring the Mike ( thinking W5EPA ) & thinking I was an USA station
( until they heard the zone 14 ). The number 5 in my call signifies a
restricted class A/B UK license which is basically limited to 100W on all HF
bands, Full VHF. This is a quite a recent change. It also denotes that the
morse speed needed for the License is 5wpm. Don't panic, for mixed mode
contests I'm in the 15-20wpm brachet now so please have the patience to work
me.

All the Best Rob MW5EPA

are addressed.
Sony cannot accept liability for statements made which are clearly
the sender's own and not made on behalf of Sony.
(01)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com