[CQ-Contest] PSE QSY to ...

k8cc k8cc at mediaone.net
Tue Nov 28 22:31:15 EST 2000

At 03:19 PM 11/28/00 -0500, Pete Smith wrote:
>Seems to me there is a perfectly clear ethical line to be drawn here.
>Nobody (not M/M, not M/S, not SO2R) should ask a DX station who is CQing to
>QSY to another band.  But if the multi-whatever is running, and is called
>by something juicy, I see no harm in passing to another band.

Let's get a grip here.  Anybody can ask anything they want.  Its up to the
DX station to decide what he wants to do.  If he wants to QSY, THEN HE CAN
QSY.  Or he can tell the requestor to pound sand...

This is not an ethical question.  However, it can perhaps be argued that
such behavior is unsportsmanlike.  Personally, I WILL NOT ask a DX station
who's CQ I've answered to QSY if he's running a pile.  To do so shows a
lack of awareness of what's going on around you, or else a tremendously
high level of arrogance.

Don't get me wrong - I got burned by this during this past weekend when I
was waiting for DX stations to come back after a QSY.  But so what?

Dave/K8CC

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com