[CQ-Contest] M/S in CQWW

LRod at pobox.com LRod at pobox.com
Fri Nov 3 02:58:47 EST 2000

> C. Multi-Operator (all band operation only):
> 1. Single Transmitter: Only one transmitter and one band permitted during any
> 10-minute period, defined as starting with the first logged QSO on a band.
> Exception: One-and only one-other band may be used during any 10-minute
> period if-and only if-the station *WORKED* is a new multiplier.

> If you are the multipilier station at a M/S and answer some guy and say,
> "sorry, you are not a multiplier" you are WORKING him.  The key word is
> WORKED.  Nowhere does it mention LOGGED or zero points.

> The concept is clear to me.  In the last decade, guys tried to wiggle around
> this by calling CQ with a 2nd callsign.  If they got a reply from a "new
> mult," they changed calls to match the M/S station.  This was pure fraud and
> the rules were changed to reflect that.  Some guys still want wiggle
> room...there isn't any.

Clear to me, too. I always apply the duck test. If it looks like cheating, sounds
like cheating, and feels like cheating, it's cheating.

I don't understand why people think there can be any other interpretation of the
INTENT of the rule writers than what you so eloquently described.

73, Rod K4QG     |  It's pronounced
                          |  "jig-a-byte"
                          |  Look it up.

Never be afraid to try something new;