[CQ-Contest] M/S in CQWW

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Thu Nov 2 20:31:18 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/2/00 9:41:13 AM Eastern Standard Time, t93y at lsinter.net
writes:

<< Exception: ONE-AND ONLY ONE-other band may be used during any
 10-minute period IF-AND ONLY IF-the station worked is a new multiplier.  >>

Boris has it correct, except I feel he has placed the emphasis on the wrong
words.  Here is how I would put it:

C. Multi-Operator (all band operation only):
1. Single Transmitter: Only one transmitter and one band permitted during any
10-minute period, defined as starting with the first logged QSO on a band.
Exception: One-and only one-other band may be used during any 10-minute
period if-and only if-the station *WORKED* is a new multiplier.

If you are the multipilier station at a M/S and answer some guy and say,
"sorry, you are not a multiplier" you are WORKING him.  The key word is
WORKED.  Nowhere does it mention LOGGED or zero points.

The concept is clear to me.  In the last decade, guys tried to wiggle around
this by calling CQ with a 2nd callsign.  If they got a reply from a "new
mult," they changed calls to match the M/S station.  This was pure fraud and
the rules were changed to reflect that.  Some guys still want wiggle
room...there isn't any.

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com