[CQ-Contest] Mods to MFJ-432 Voice Keyer?

Anthony A. Luscre aluscre at neo.rr.com
Fri Nov 3 17:02:45 EST 2000

I had the same problem with the red switches.
I made a remote pad with lighter touch larger switches and mounted it on top my
computer keyboard. It makes a tremendous difference.
I found the connector for the back on some junk salvaged from Sunday afternoon
trash piles at Dayton Hamvention. (For those who have never been there lots of
"stuff" is abandoned in fleamarket. I always make it a point ot collect molex and
other type connectors from junk.) I think you might also be able to use computer
ribbon cable used for internal connections on serial ports/motherboard if you
trim/file one edge.
The keypad came from an epson dot matrix printer control panel and had four
switchs in 5 inch by 1.5 inch plastic panel.
I velcro it to top edge of my computer keyboard above the numberpad.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com