[CQ-Contest] M/S in CQWW

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Sat Nov 4 15:34:44 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/4/00 2:49:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
heatwole at clark.net writes:

<< I believe that to have WORKED someone you have to have sent them an
 exchange. Therefore just coming back to someone with "sorry, you are not a
 multiplier" does not consist of an exchange and therefore doesn't qualify as
 working someone. >>

In today's mail I got the most recent edition of CQ-Contest magazine.  There
is a whole section on the CQWW annotated rules, including M/S stuff.  Reading
that, one could easily infer that CQ'ing by the multiplier station is
permitted (though it doesn't actually say that).  See Bruce Horn's posting to
see the actual text (a couple days ago).

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com