[CQ-Contest] Re: PR, etc.

tgstewart at pepco.com tgstewart at pepco.com
Wed Nov 8 08:19:05 EST 2000

While I'd like to see someone else win PR on occasion, I dont understand
this mentality that says going to PR or VI is somehow "cheating".  Hell,
I've been tempted to fly to the SW US at times for SS...maybe I'll do it
one day so I can feel what it's like to do a contest on the high bands!
There are all sorts of inequities in contesting and that will never change.

As far as the frequency battle thing goes, at least on CW, I'm pretty much
of the opinion that if you have to move to tell someone they are QRMing
you, then you dont have anything to complain about.  You also dont have
anything to complain about if you are running QRP and lose a frequency
because someone cant hear you.  I would also say the 250-300 hz separation
is about the most you can ask for on a crowded band.

73, Ty K3MM

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com