[CQ-Contest] Single-Op - Stop the Rot.

K3BU at aol.com K3BU at aol.com
Wed Nov 8 23:40:45 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/8/2000 9:24:18 PM Eastern Standard Time, paul at ei5di.com
writes:

>  Single-op, if using external spotting, is no more single-op than
>  fly-fishing would be fly-fishing if using nets, or gliding would
>  be gliding if using engines, or orchestras would be orchestras
>  if using backing tracks - etc. It changes the nature of the beast.
>
>  What do you think?
>
>  73,
>  Paul EI5DI

100% agree, only in Ham Radio we can have "Single" operator being assisted by
army of other operators, fed via packet. Mediocrity is creeping in from
"DXing" via nets and lists, and ....

Just like "single transmitter" in M/S in CQ WW can mean - you can work
multiplier with "second single" transmitter, or call "CQ multipliers", or
work stations for zero points and make them UBNed. I wonder if Gore got the
disease from Hams?

Why do we have ZERO points in CQ WW for own country QSOs nowadays?

Yuri, K3BU
sometimes as N2EE, "assisted" by Murphy (mostly)

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com