[CQ-Contest] Better Contest

k7qq at juno.com k7qq at juno.com
Thu Nov 9 16:54:54 EST 2000

Quack's
I have observed that many of the contesters think that more usuable
information and better checking information for contest should be sent,

There is a New one on the horizon that meets some of this.

On the second weekend of November  there will be the Veterans Day QSO
party and the exchange information   calls for
SN  and  the year that the Vet entered the service,  eg  AF49,  ARmy34 ,
 Navy77  etc.   the mult. is the year entered many, possible . and
accuracy a must,  an  RS /RST report is required and no recognition for
CW extra pts, however the Sponsor could possiably be swayed to adjust,
The sponsor Club is the Razor Back ARC   K5HOG  they have connections to
the Dept of Defense and were requested to set up and do this test , after
the good responce to the Air Force QSO party.

If they get enough request to change rules and adjust for  CW , SSB or
Mixed awards,  I think that they have enough funds at the  DOD to
purchase a  few nice Trophys ,   They give out many  Certifiates for the
AF Test and a Vy nice Plack for that one.

I will be in the Veterans Day test and it would be nice to see many of
the contesters turn out for this one.

Check out the rules at  K5HOG home pages.  they are just draft on that
page but should have been finished by now
Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com