[CQ-Contest] Single-Op - Stop the Rot.

Martín Monsalvo LW9EUJ lw9euj at ciudad.com.ar
Fri Nov 10 00:38:16 EST 2000

So? The nature of the beast changes. But the beast is still a beast.

It is obvious. We cannot fight with technology we have to accept it.
Furthermore, why to allow the use of packet just for some categories? People
doing assisted can submit their scores as unassisted.
Some would reply:

Here, we can find out those ops who claimed unassisted but in the contest
were using packet...
We just have to look at how fast he worked the spotted stations over the
weekend.

But what if the entrant just took advantage of some 10 mults over the
weekend, taking care on how fast he worked the spots?

Kind of hard to find out.

Some other would say:
-The rules say single op is ....... the use of packet, etc. is not allowed.
I agree that is what we have to change.

Others, If I'm not wrong, including you Paul, would say:
So, if we allow the use of packet for everybody, to avoid cheating by a
minority, let's also allow no power limit just because we cannot control
that.
It has no sense. It is like saying: so, if some athlets use steroids and
remain undetected, let's allow steroids for everybody.
In this case it would be better to re-inforce the control systems
-They would reply:
So re-inforce your control system to detect assisted that claim
unassisted...

Once again: It is almost impossible.

Why to fight against technology if we can accept it.

The rest would say:
Single op is single op (very radical difinition)
-So? Man was man thousand years ago...  Man has changed... but still is man.

JMO

Martín, LW9EUJ