[CQ-Contest] RE: Single op definition change

Tim Makins, EI8IC ei8ic at eircom.net
Fri Nov 10 13:14:01 EST 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Kehler" <kh2d at kuentos.guam.net>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RE: Single op definition change

>What exactly do you have in mind in the 'friends, etc.' department ?

There just CAN'T be categories to cope with everything - for instance, I
live by myself, so whilst contesting must feed the stove, the cat and myself
as well as operating - no brought-in meals cut up in to convenient
bite-sized pieces.  I could suggest that anyone with a wife is NOT an
'unassisted-operator' !! but I won't; I'll rather spend time enjoying the
contest itself, enjoying the beautiful qsl cards and postage stamps that
make their way to me from all over the world, and the heart warming rag
chews that this hobby of ours brings.

Tim Makins, EI8IC

BTW in case any previous readers of my 160m post were wondering why they
didn't hear me on that band, the answer is that I couldn't get the antennas
sorted out in time so did a 15m single band entry, and enjoyed it immensely.
THANKYOU to everyone who worked me.

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com