[CQ-Contest] Shorten CW SS

Rick Bullon kc5ajx at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 10 03:25:01 EST 2000

>In the spirit of the elections, I wonder if we could legally tax all
>licensed hams who DON'T get on and hand out at least 50 Q's on Sunday. A
>tax
>of $1 for each Q less than 50 that any licensed ham DOESN'T make should do
>it. For example, if Joe Ragchewer makes no SS Q's he will be taxed $50. If
>he makes 40 Q's he will be taxed $10. If he makes 50 Q's or more, he won't
>pay any tax at all. The proceeds can be used, in part, to pay for the
>coffee
>cups/plaques, etc.

Does this apply to to both versions of SS Phone and CW? If it just applies
to CW then I guess that all the CW ops that hate SSB have to get on during
SS Phone or pay the same fines :)

With all the messages about the low rates on Sunday in SS and changing the
rules to shorten the contest, may I suggest another option?
If you were running on Saturday then on Sunday maybe you should be in the
S&P mode. This way the little guys and the slower code ops would have a
chance to run and let you find them.
Also if you were sending CW at a very fast rate the slower speed ops may
have simply not been able to copy anything or were intimidated by the faster
speed than they could copy and just tuned by you.
Another advantage to this is you don't sit there on Sunday hitting F1 and
getting nothing it would take some of the boredom out of Sunday if you were
tuning around looking for new meat.
The above does't apply to those that run SO2R as you are doing both all
though out the contest, but then again maybe you can horn your skills by
S&Ping on 2 bands you would certainly have your hands full on Sunday HI HI
73
Rick
KC5AJX