[CQ-Contest] Assisted or Not Assisted?

Dillon, W w.dillon at ic.ac.uk
Mon Nov 13 09:31:00 EST 2000

Hi Gang,

I'm posting this here as I think you Guys 'n' Gals out there on the contest
reflector may be able to advise me accordingly,  and before we all get too
embroiled in the discussion can I point out that the question is somewhat
academic as I didn't get the chance to operate in CQWW (SSB) this year.
With that in mind here goes...

I'm sitting at the radio and CQWW is in full flight, I have a connection to
the cluster running on 70 cms but when the spots come up I don't qsy there
and try to work them, instead I am taking an overall picture of what's
happening on the band and using that to judge propagation conditions to
various parts of the globe.  Question is, do I enter (if I was entering a
log for scoring) the single operator assisted category?

The thoughts of you more experienced contesters would be most welcome.
Thanks for the bandwidth and I hope to meet some of you in the CW leg at the
end of the month.

Regards,

Wayne - G0JJQ     G-QRP-5233     FISTS-0851     ARRL      RSGB

Wayne S. Dillon
Estates Maintenance Co-Ordinator / Departmental Safety Officer
I.C. Estates division
Rm 129A
Huxley Building
Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine
Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London
SW7 2AZ