[CQ-Contest] Assisted or Not Assisted?

Ed Sleight k4sb at mindspring.com
Mon Nov 13 17:58:43 EST 2000

"Dillon, W" wrote:
> Hi Gang,
> the cluster running on 70 cms but when the spots come up I don't qsy
> there and try to work them, instead I am taking an overall picture of
> what's  happening on the band and using that to judge propagation
> conditions to various parts of the globe.  Question is, do I enter (if I > was entering a  log for scoring) the single operator assisted category?

Wayne, I think the single most important word here is in the rule which
states ""if you receive assistance...."  Using packet to be able to
judge "propagation" is, without a doubt, "assistance", although by no
means in the matter it is usually referred to.

I am quite sure that some will say this is allowable within the "spirit"
of the rule, and again, I state that a rule is a rule, and "spirit" is
simply an attempt to circumvent that.

I would think the SO assisted category is the one.

73
Ed

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com