[CQ-Contest] Packet use for single ops.

Ron Wetjen wd4ahz at gte.net
Mon Nov 13 19:07:31 EST 2000

Martín Monsalvo LW9EUJ wrote:

> The positions till now are:
> 78 % to allow packet for single ops.
> 17 % to leave things the way they are.
> 5 % not defined.
>
> Many of the guys who think that allowing packet for single ops is a
> bad thing, are ocasional contesters. While almost 90% of those who
> think that the use of packet by single ops would be OK, are well
> known hard-core contesters.

This is interesting.

Are those "hard-core contesters" who favor packet for single ops, single
ops who don't use packet themselves?

I'm a single op and don't use packet.  Naturally, I don't believe packet
should be allowed for single ops, because of any advantage - real or
perceived - that may result from using packet.

I prefer to do my own operating, find my own multipliers before others
do, and suffer from my own mistakes if I miss something that other
(non-assisted ops) found that I didn't.

Also, I don't believe single ops should be forced to add packet to their
contest operating in order to compete evenly.  At least with Single
Op or Single Op Assisted, there is still a choice.

73, Ron

--
One of the W1AW/4 Crew - IARU/WRTC-2000

Web Design - http://www.rwwebcreations.com