[CQ-Contest] Assisted or Not Assisted?

DougKR2Q at aol.com DougKR2Q at aol.com
Mon Nov 13 18:16:11 EST 2000

In a message dated 11/13/00 7:55:29 AM Eastern Standard Time,
w.dillon at ic.ac.uk writes:

<< but when the spots come up I don't qsy there
 and try to work them, instead I am taking an overall picture of what's
 happening on the band and using that to judge propagation conditions to
 various parts of the globe. >>

This comes up every so often.  What do the CQWW rules say?

"B. Single Operator Assisted:
Same as III A 1 except the passive (self- spotting not allowed) use of DX
spotting nets is allowed."

So any "use" of spotting nets puts you in the assisted category.  If you want
to listen to WWV, that's okay.  But seeing actual spots tells you EXACTLY
what is open...where and when...it is much different than getting the SFI, A,
and K indices.

de Doug KR2Q

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com