[CQ-Contest] lock-outs

Tim Duffy tduffy at sygnet.com
Thu Nov 16 13:16:01 EST 2000

The lock out method we use is to tap the PTT line of the run radio. That way
the run radio always has priority so as to minimize the chance of run frequency
loss.

So the 2nd station can only transmit at the sole discretion of the run radio.
The PTT line of the run radio drives a small relay that breaks the mic line or
CW key line of the 2nd radio whenever the run station transmits. I also include
an LED so the 2nd station knows when the run station is transmitting so that it
can get its timing straight in a pile up.

I hope that helps!

73,
Tim K3LR

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com