[CQ-Contest] Lock outs

James P. Cassidy 107770.3462 at compuserve.com
Fri Nov 17 21:51:53 EST 2000

I thought I would some input to this thread in regard to whats done at W7RM
M/M.  Rush has built up relay switching that allows a second radio to
listen to the same antenna as the run radio.  The second radio must have a
RX antenna input.  For the second radio to transmit, a footswitch is used
and the 2nd radio then has the amp/antenna.
Last year we tried a different approach but it didn't work out well enough.
 The diea was to use an ANC-4 noise canceller to eliminate the transmitted
signal so the 2nd radio could receive during transmission but it just
didn't pan out.
I am not sure of any of the details as to how Rush did this but that
shouldn't be too hard to work out.

we have been kicking around the idea of doing more with the dual vfos on
the FT1000MPs this year to help with pile up operation.

73 Jim KI7Y

Administrative requests:  cq-contest-REQUEST at contesting.com