[CQ-Contest] unscientific observation...

Ron D. Rossi rrossi at btv.ibm.com
Mon Nov 20 14:28:44 EST 2000

Folks,

I checked out when I was spotted over the weekend using the DX Summit site.
Given just now. I was spotted the first time on 40m over an hour into a run
there which lasted a few hours. Given all the hubalu recently about assisted
categories recently I thought it would be interesting to see how the spot
affected the rate!

For the hour from 02:29Z through 03:28Z the rate was 81. I worked 2 U's during
that time. After the spot for the hour from 03:29Z through 04:29Z the rate was
93. I worked 9 U's during that time.

What I casually conclude is that folks are generally honest in the reporting
their entry class, since my increase in rate can be attributed to the "extra"
7 U's which called during that hour.

--
73 de KK1L...ron (kk1l at arrl.net) <><
QTH: Jericho, Vermont